Thursday, February 3, 2011

Presentations Reviewed

Liz- I loved how you included things that are so representative of you and your media choices. I really got a sense of what you like in terms of not just movie choices or TV viewing choices, but also the music you like and what defines your style. I like the music you picked for the background because I felt it tied all your presentation together. And to answer your question in your post, if we're talking about my family now, I think that media has played a huge part (as I said in the presentation) with keeping us united as a family. Not just the obvious church media that we might use for FHE, but also the movies we watch we can always discuss them afterward and we always turn out to have some of the most interesting conversations. In my future family, I also want to be able to connect with media and my family in that way. We just get to know each other and have fun in the process like enjoying a film (or sometimes even hating it together. :) Or have different views on it.) But if I were to make a documentary of my life in the future, I think I would think twice before doing that. I'm okay with sharing my experiences but maybe others involved are not and somehow I would be involving them if it was what has influenced me. So in that sense, I would just be more cautious, like how Brad was talking about today in the forum. I just wouldn't want to be too personal if I were to direct a piece like that and others that are in the movie are not ok with it.

 Ricahrd- I like how you included music in your media influences. I don't think anyone else in the class really touched on music so much. I feel like I left that huge chunk off of mine, 'cause it really has influenced me too in a way. I have a question, but did you draw yourself in all those stages? I found that cool that you could show us your style along with your change in music choices in the presentation. It was entertaining to see, well done!




1 comment:

  1. haha thanks melissa! yeah i did draw myself in those i love MS paint!

    ReplyDelete