Monday, February 28, 2011

Compliments Compliments!

Well done everyone! I was so delighted by how strongly I felt the Spirit during each of your presentations, it was amazing to learn new things about the allegory and each of you!
Nick and Jeremy~ you took me down memory lane with your piece. The decision to use clips from movies to express the allegory was a wonderful choice because, for me, it did a couple of things: 1. The myriad of clips allows the allegory to be accessible to all sorts of people from all walks of life, while at the same time maintaining a personal and intimate connection between the allegory and the individual viewer. 2. Using clips that are easily recognizable, not only allows the view to connect to the film, but also causes the viewer to examine their own life in terms of the allegory. Beautifully done!
Melissa and Mariana~you took us on a road trip and made some very potent points with material that didn't seem difficult to stretch to fit the allegory. The shots of Lady GaGa and the window of hair stuffs and Justin Bieber were not difficult to interpret. I loved seeing the allegory play out in a place that i've visited a few times, this decision allowed me to connect to the piece very quickly.
Richard and Annie~I said this in class, but I loved what your Allegory pointed out to me, that i'd neve noticed before. The importance of family, and keeping your priorities straight, even when helping people was communicated beautifully. I loved your visual decisions too. I'm a fan of the shoes, it was a very nice reveal.
Mont~I loved your script! What a wonderful way to involve the class! Not only was your allegory a great interpretation, but it was such a unique experience, and must have been interesting for you, to hear your script come to life. I thought your script was relevant, specific to our mini-society on campus and clear on the moral of the story. Well done!
Elisabeth~I love children's stories. I was enchanted by your book. It was such an unusual and beautiful story and and interesting choice. I loved the quality of the illustrations and the tenderness that was felt both in the story itself and in the illustrations. I loved your presentation and found your story very touching. And it was lovely to hear the background to the story, about your Grandmother's hat! How neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment