Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Presentation Feedback Compliments and Questions

Nick Dixon-
I really enjoyed your slideshow presentation, but beyond that, how you connected what was shown with what it meant to you. Your anecdotes and sidebar comments added life to what could have originally been a stale presentation.

I wish you had shown a clip of your "On the Spot" stuff. What was it like? Who inspired you? How did it change your goals as a filmmaker? I think a clip would have added another dimension to your presentation. Some audio might have helped as well. But you still had a very engaging presentation. Great work!

Elizabeth Weagel-
Your presentation kept me wondering what sample of media would come next. You had a sweeping selection of important media that was important to you and it was a fun journey through significant media over the years. I felt that as the presentation continued, I got a much better idea of who you are, in terms of what your media preferences are.

Yet, I would have liked some explanation of why those selections are important to you, or how they shaped your later consumption of media. Essentially, a "so what" factor (as it was called in my high school English class). Why are we seeing what you're showing us? Otherwise, you did an excellent job. It was a nice stylistic contrast to some of the other presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment