Monday, February 28, 2011

look at this stuff, isn't it neat?

Jeremiah instantly made me think of a Joseph Smith type character. His parents were a little more skeptical than i picture Joseph Sr. and Lucy Mack. The influence of the Joseph Smith story is very apparent in Jer3miah. I think that theme of having an important task is a very meaningful one, especially when the purpose isn't entirely understood. That's when the importance comes in of listening and following those promptings that you get. I like that they incorporate that point into the series; they could be more subtle about it in my opinion, but i really can't judge, you do what you gotta do and I think it's awesome that BYU has put out something like this.


This series fits in well with the church’s attempt to use more practical means of sharing the gospel. Full-time missionaries are necessary, but i feel normal members can achieve so much more success by just doing the right things and being who they are. I think it’s important, especially when reaching out to non members, to not be too preachy. Jer3miah does this well, and I think this is also being done well with the Mormon messages.


Also as I was watching and reading about Jer3miah, one of the TMA department’s goals became a lot clearer to me, that they are training us to contribute to the film culture in a way that also positively represents our beliefs. I’ve already seen a lot of talent in our class so its cool to know that I can be a part of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment