Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's Compliments Week!


Hey first of all, I want to say great work everyone! It was really awesome to see all the wonderful things everyone came up with. I really enjoyed being there for both sections.  Second, I want to comment on Richard's and Annie's presentation of the allegory...it was very symbolic of the Tree of Life. How did you guys come up with the idea? I really liked how you guys changed the mood of things through changing the color of the film and adding some grainy-ness quality to it. I found that that helped with the dramatic sense of the film. I think that the people being blindfolded was a cool idea that symbolizes someone not knowing where they're going, or being blinded by the world, as you said with it also being the midst of darkness. Then at the end there is always someone who is not blindfolded that can help those that are get to where they should go, but only if they let it be. When you guys put some of the people in the shots still blindfolded this is what interpretation I got and added more to the movie. The color of things also changed from a gloomy atmosphere to a more bright and I guess you could say “back to normal” color, without the greenish-blue-ish effect of before. I can also interpret the colors as having to do with the greed of people. It was mostly green, and green signals greed. I do not know if this was intentional, but that’s how I interpreted. I could agree with someone else's comment when they said that at the end  the people that where not blindfolded anymore and where holding hands into the horizon, that is kind of represented a family. You have the guy and the girl of the same height and the other people being a lot shorter, this created that impression on me. Nice work overall guys! That was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment