Monday, March 21, 2011

Mormon Artist Reviews

Jeremy: I loved the pictures of you interviewing. That was rather Brechtian of you, and quite satisfying for me. Your subject had some beautiful things to say about her art as it relates to the gospel. I loved how she said that every stroke and every line is influenced by the spirit. And that we hold up a title of liberty for the art world. I got such a strong sense of her devotion to the gospel and to her art and how the two things weave into each other.

Nick: Some of the photographs you used were really cool. I loved your subject's quote "It's classical music. It's history. And I feel like I'm a part of history when I play it." I think that, likewise, we are parts of history as we claim our place in the Church. I am studying Isaiah with Ann Madsen right now, and when we read some of Isaiah's prophecies, it is awe inspiring to consider that I, as a Latter-day Saint, am a fulfillment of some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment